Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination|
|Studio album by Eric Woolfson|
|Genre||Atmospheric rock, Rock|
|Label||Sony Music Distribution|
|Eric Woolfson chronology|
Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination is an album by Eric Woolfson. It contains some, but not all, of the songs from his musical Edgar Allan Poe.
- "Angel Of The Odd"
- "Wings Of Eagles"
- "Train To Freedom"
- "Somewhere In The Audience"
- "The Bells"
- "The Pit and the Pendulum: Part I"
- "The Pit and the Pendulum: Part II"
- "The Pit and the Pendulum: Part III"
- "Murders In The Rue Morgue"
- "Tiny Star"
- "Goodbye To All That"
- Eric Woolfson – keyboards, voice
- Steve Balsamo – voice
- Fred Johanson – voice
- John Parricelli – guitar
- Simon Chamberlain – keyboards
- Haydn Bendall – sequencing
- Austin Ince – sequencing
- Ralph Salmins – drums, percussion
- Martin Ditcham – percussion
- Ian Thomas drums
- Dermot Crehan – Irish fiddle
- Brighton Festival Chorus & The Metro Voices – Chorus
CD release and Stage Musical Version
The music of Poe was first released on the studio recorded CD Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination, containing 10 tracks (including the 3 parts of The Pit and the Pendulum as a single track). The CD running order did not match that of the later stage show.
The musical contains seventeen songs. The seven songs which are missing from the 2003 Poe: More Tales from Mystery and Imagination CD are:
- Blinded By the Light
- The Raven
- It Doesn't Take a Genius
- The Devil I Know
- Trust Me
- Annabel Lee/Let the Sun Shine on Me
- What Fools People Are
The full complement of the musical's 18 songs is found on an expanded 2009 CD release, which is titled (like the stage musical itself) Edgar Allan Poe. This release includes the original 10 studio tracks, an orchestrated version of Tiny Star, and seven tracks taken from live concert performances. The running order of the Edgar Allan Poe CD is:
- 01. Angel of the Odd
- 02. Tiny Star
- 03. Wings of Eagles
- 04. The Murders in the Rue Morgue
- 05. Blinded by the Light
- 06. The Pit and the Pendulum
- 07. The Raven This track uses music from the original Alan Parsons Project track of the same title from their album Tales of Mystery and Imagination. It features the bass line and keyboard chords from the opening of the Alan Parson Project song. It also features a spoken reading of Poe's poem, without the use of vocoder found on the Alan Parsons project song.
- 08. It Doesn't Take a Genius
- 09. The Bells
- 10. Goodbye to All That
- 11. The Devil I Know
- 12. Somewhere in the Audience
- 13. Trust Me
- 14. Annabel Lee/Let the Sun Shine on me
- 15. Train to Freedom
- 16. What Fools Are
- 17. Immortal
The 2009 CD release Edgar Allan Poe effectively supersedes the 2003 Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination, since it contains all of the earlier tracks as well plus additional ones.
- "Eric Woolfson's Poe: More Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Eric Woolfson | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "POE - the musical".
- "Edgar Allan Poe Musical".
- Poe Website: The Official Poe Website
- Eric Woolfson Website: The Official Eric Woolfson Website
- The Alan Parsons Project Website: The Official Alan Parsons Project Website
- Poe - More Tales Of Mystery And Imagination at Discogs (list of releases)