|Comune di Poggio Bustone|
|• Mayor||Deborah Vitelli|
|• Total||22.3 km2 (8.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||756 m (2,480 ft)|
(31 December 2015)
|• Density||92/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. John the Baptist|
|Saint day||24 June|
Poggio Bustone (Poiano: Ru Poju) is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Rieti in the Italian region Latium, located about 70 kilometres (43 miles) northeast of Rome and about 11 kilometres (7 mi) north of Rieti.
St Francis of Assisi went to Poggio Bustone in 1208 and reputedly greeted the villagers by saying "buon giorno buona gente" (good morning good people) A gothic arch named "buon giorno" can be found in the village commemorating this event.
In the oldest section of the Franciscan monastery of Poggio Bustone, a room can be found where St. Francis stayed. On the mountainside above the village are seven small chapels containing, by tradition, impressions of objects relating to St. Francis, such as his knee. This path culminates with the small church Sacro Speco where St. Francis received forgiveness for his sins from the Archangel Gabriel.
- Attilio Piccioni (1892–1976), Italian politician
- Lucio Battisti (1943–1998), Italian singer and songwriter
- San Benedetto del Tronto, Italy, since 2009
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Comune di Poggio Bustone
- Fusarelli ofm, Brother Massimo (1999). The Franciscan Sanctuaries Of the Rieti Valley. Provincia Romana dei Frati Minori.