Pogo (electronic musician)
|Birth name||Christopher Nicholas Bertke|
26 July 1988 |
Cape Town, Cape Province, South Africa
|Origin||Perth, Western Australia, Australia|
Christopher Nicholas "Nick" Bertke (born 26 July 1988), stage name Pogo, is an Australian electronic music artist whose work consists of recording small sounds, quotes, and melodies from films, TV programmes or other sources, and sequencing the sounds together to form a new piece of music. A number of Pogo's works consist almost entirely of the sounds he samples, with few or no additional music or sound samples.
Nick Bertke has produced tracks using samples from films and TV shows such as Pulp Fiction. On 29 September 2016, Pogo had released a song called "Trumpular" on SoundCloud which consisted of quotes from Republican nominee Donald Trump.
On his September 2011 US tour, Bertke was arrested and taken into custody for three weeks due to the lack of a proper work visa, and is now prohibited from re-entering the United States until 2021.
- Pogo interview on ComfortComes.com, retrieved 11 May 2010
- Pogo Interview on BrainsQuestionmark.com, archived from the original on 13 February 2012, retrieved 11 May 2010
- "Pogo's 'Pulp Fiction' Remix". Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- Wilson, Zanda (29 September 2016). "Aussie Producer Pogo Drops A+ Banger Made Entirely Of Donald Trump Quotes - Music Feeds". musicfeeds.com.au. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "Australian Producer Pogo Arrested". Archived from the original on 30 November 2011.