|• Municipality||701.06 km2 (270.68 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||13/km2 (33/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Pogoni (Greek: Πωγώνι) is a municipality in the Ioannina regional unit, Epirus, Greece. The seat of the municipality is the village Kalpaki. The municipality has an area of 701.059 km2. Its population was 8,960 at the 2011 census.
The municipality Pogoni was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 6 former municipalities, that became municipal units:
The province of Pogoni (Greek: Επαρχία Πωγωνίου) was one of the provinces of the Ioannina Prefecture. Its territory corresponded with that of the current municipality Pogoni, except the municipal units Ano Kalamas and Kalpaki. Its seat was the village Delvinaki. It was abolished in 2006.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- "Detailed census results 1991" (PDF). (39 MB) (in Greek) (in French)
- Pogoni Municipality (Δήμος Πωγωνίου) (in Greek)
|This Epirus location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|