Point Samson, Western Australia
|Population||231 (2016 census)|
|Location||38 km (24 mi) from Karratha|
|LGA(s)||City of Karratha|
|State electorate(s)||North West|
Point Samson is a small coastal settlement 1,579 km north of Perth and 18 km north of Roebourne in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The town is a popular holiday location for the nearby mining towns, including Wickham, Karratha and Dampier. Fishing is the main industry.
The townsite was investigated for further development in the 1980s.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Campbell Environmental Ltd; Western Australia. Dept. of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare; Western Australia. Dept. of Land Administration; Western Australia. Environmental Protection Authority (1990), Monitoring and cleanup of asbestos at Point Samson for new site development, Campbell Environmental], retrieved 5 May 2012
- Allen, D. J; Western Australia. Dept of Land Administration. Land Planning Development and Management Division (1986), Point Samson townsite proposed development : planning report, Dept. of Land Administration, Land Planning Development and Management Division, retrieved 5 May 2012
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "2011 Community Profiles: Point Samson (State Suburb)". 2011 Census of Population and Housing. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Community Profile Series : Point Samson (State Suburb)". 2006 Census of Population and Housing. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
Media related to Point Samson, Western Australia at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a location in Western Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|