Point Souttar, South Australia
|Population||491 (shared with other localities within the “State Suburb of Corny Point”) (2011 census)|
|Time zone||ACST (UTC+9:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||ACST (UTC+10:30)|
|Location||121 km (75 mi) west of Adelaide city centre|
|LGA(s)||Yorke Peninsula Council |
Point Souttar is a locality in the Australian state of South Australia located on the western side of Yorke Peninsula on the portion forming the south coast of Hardwicke Bay in Spencer Gulf about 121 kilometres (75 miles) west of the Adelaide city centre.
Its boundaries were created in May 1999 for the “long established name” which includes the Point Souttar Shack Site. The name was derived from a headland on the coastline which was named after a John Souttar who married Joanna Daly, the daughter of Dominick Daly, the seventh Governor of South Australia.
As of 2015, the majority land use within the locality is agriculture. A secondary land use is conservation which concerns the strip of land immediately adjoining the coastline as well as part of the Leven Beach Conservation Park located in the locality's northwest corner.
- "Search result for "Point Souttar(Locality Bounded)" (Record no SA0056127) with the following layers being selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and "Place names (gazetteer)"". Government of South Australia. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Corny Point". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Postcode for Point Souttar, South Australia". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- Narungga (Map). Electoral District Boundaries Commission. 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Federal electoral division of Grey" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics Warooka (nearest station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "New Ward Structure 2014". Yorke Peninsula Council. Archived from the original on 15 January 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "Souttar, Point; Nomenclature". State Library of South Australia. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Development Plan - Yorke Peninsula Council - Consolidated – 26 November 2015" (PDF). Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. pp. 256–259 and 261–263. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|