Pointe Noire Airport
|Agostinho Neto International Airport
Pointe Noire Airport
|Serves||Pointe-Noire, Republic of the Congo|
|Elevation AMSL||55 ft / 17 m|
Antonio Agostinho Neto International Airport (IATA: PNR, ICAO: FCPP) is an airport serving Pointe-Noire, Republic of the Congo. It is one of two international airports in the country, the other being Brazzaville Maya–Maya Airport.
The airport was inaugurated in 1934; a new passenger terminal opened in 2006.
Airlines and destinations
|Air France Cargo
operated by Martinair Cargo
|Paris–Charles de Gaulle|
|Avient Aviation||Liège, Sharjah|
|Ethiopian Airlines Cargo||Addis Ababa, Liège, Luxembourg|
Accidents and incidents
- On 4 June 1969, a Douglas DC-3 of the Direcção de Exploração dos Transportes Aéreos was hijacked on a domestic flight from N'Zeto airport to Soyo Airport, Angola. The aircraft landed at Pointe Noire.
- On 11 March 1994, Aéro-Service Swearingen Merlin TN-ADP was written off in a landing accident when the crew neglected to lower the undercarriage.
- On 10 May 2007, Tenir Air Ilyushin Il-76TD EX-093 was destroyed in a fire whilst being loaded for a cargo fire.
- On 15 September 2007, Veteran Airline Antonov An-12B UR-CEN was damaged beyond economic repair in a fire which occurred when the engines were being started.
- On 25 January 2008, Canadian Airways Congo Boeing 727–247 9L-LEF was damaged beyond economic repair when it was struck on the ground by Aéro-Service Antonov An-12BP EK-11660 which suffered a brake failure while taxiing. The An-12 was also damaged beyond economic repair.
- On 10 November 2008, Veteran Airline Antonov An-12 UR-PLV suffered an in-flight fire. A safe landing was made at Pointe Noire but the aircraft was subsequently destroyed by fire.
- On 21 March 2011, Trans Air Congo Antonov An-12 TN-AGK crashed on approach to Pointe Noire airport. All four crew were killed, as well as five illegal passengers and a number of people on the ground.
- Republic of the Congo portal
- Aviation portal
- List of airports in the Republic of the Congo
- Transport in the Republic of the Congo
- "• The African Aviation Tribune •: ► COTE D'IVOIRE: Air Côte d'Ivoire announces Pointe Noire, Ouagadougou, Yaounde; various timetable changes". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Canadian Airways Congo – Programmes des vols". Archived from the original on 4 September 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Mangos for Meat". Airliner World (September 2014): 31.
- Equaflight, 2014 timetable and fares, http://www.equaflight.com/en/schedules-fares/
- Trans Air Congo Timetable, http://www.flytransaircongo.com/fr/programme-des-vols/tous-les-horaires.html
- Ethiopian AirlinesEthiopian Airlines. "Page not found". Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Hijacking Description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- "TN-ADP Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. 22 March 2011.
- "EX-093 Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. 22 March 2011.
- "UR-CEN Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. 22 March 2011.
- "9L-LEF Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. 22 March 2011.
- "EK-11660 Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. 22 March 2011.
- "UR-PLV Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. 22 March 2011.
- "TN-AGK Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. 22 March 2011.