August/September 2011 cover of Pointe
|Based in||New York City, New York, U.S.|
Pointe is an international magazine aimed toward ballet dancers and students. Pointe covers international news on company debuts, competition results, and rising stars. Pointe also offers reviews, company profiles, a calendar of events, ballet oriented shopping guides as well as guides for ballet programs, auditions, and higher education. The website offers a blog and an online store with the option to purchase back issues. Virginia Johnson, the artistic director of Dance Theatre of Harlem, was formerly Pointe's editor-in-chief from it's creation until 2009.
Macfadden Performing Arts Media acquired Pointe with the purchase of Lifestyle Media, Inc. in 2006. Macfadden's dance magazines were sold to Frederic M. Seegal, an investment banker with the Peter J. Solomon Company, in 2016.
- Kourlas, Gia (April 12, 2009). "New Leader for Harlem Dance Theater". The New York Times.
- Lifestyle Media Inc. merged with Macfadden Dance Magazine, LLC
- "Dance Magazine Announces New Ownership". dancemagazine. 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- Official website
- "Pointe: The international Magazine of Ballet." Folio
- Virginia Johnson, acclaimed ballerina and editor-in-chief of Pointe magazine, will speak about her life in the world of dance
- Danza Ballet Article Featuring Pointe
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|