|Studio album (part compilation) by|
|Released||June 5, 2007|
|Genre||Hard rock, glam metal|
|Producer||Don Was, Rick Rubin, Thom Panunzio, Ric Browde, Tom Werman|
Poison'd! is the seventh (eighth if counting Power to the People, a live album with studio tracks) studio album from the American hard rock/glam metal band Poison, released June 5, 2007. The 14-track album features recordings of Poison's favorite rock classics. Nine new tracks and five previously released covers make up the album.
The album entered the Billboard 200 chart at #32, selling 21,000 copies in its first week. The album also charted at #12 on the Top Rock Albums chart A concert from the supporting tour was featured on the Poison DVD "Live, Raw & Uncut", which became the band's next release.
On 3 January 2007, Poison announced on their official Myspace page that they would like their fans to help pick favourite classic rock songs for the new studio album that they are to record. The fans replied with suggestions like Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird", Sweet's "The Ballroom Blitz", and AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long", along with what might be an obvious choice - Alice Cooper's "Poison". On 28 January, Rikki Rockett explained,
The Album will be ready for a summer Poison tour. p.s. The songs we are doing are NOT what you expect— Rikki Rockett
It was later released as a digital single in the iTunes Store.
Covers not included
The only Poison cover songs not included as bonus tracks are "The Cover of the Rolling Stone" (Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show cover) from Crack a Smile...and More!, and "God Save the Queen", an instrumental Sex Pistols cover from the Open Up and Say... Ahh! sessions (which was released on the 20th anniversary edition of Flesh & Blood).
- Tracks 1 - 8 + 14: produced by Don Was - 2007 (new recordings)
- Track 9: produced by Rick Rubin, Less Than Zero soundtrack - 1987
- Track 10: produced by Thom Panunzio, Hollyweird - 2002
- Track 11: produced by Ric Browde - 1987; bonus track on Look What the Cat Dragged In - 20th Anniversary Edition - 2006
- Track 12: produced by Tom Werman, Open Up and Say...Ahh! - 1988
- Track 13: produced by Don Was, The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock - 2006
- Bret Michaels – lead vocals,
- C.C. DeVille – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Bobby Dall – bass, backing vocals
- Rikki Rockett – drums, backing vocals
- Jim McGorman – keyboards, backing vocals
- About.com review
- Poison'd! at AllMusic
- antiMusic review
- KNAC review
- Paste review
- "Rolling Stone review". Archived from the original on November 5, 2007. Retrieved 2012-12-05.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Billboard charts". Retrieved June 13, 2007.
- "Billboard Poison chart history". Retrieved 2010.
- Walmart catalogue