Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up poisson in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Poisson may refer to:
- Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny (1727–1781), a French nobleman who served as the director general of the King's Buildings
- Albert Poisson (1868–1893), a Romantic author, particularly interested in alchemy
- David Poisson (disambiguation)
- Eric Poisson, Canadian gravitational physicist
- Jean-Frédéric Poisson (born 1963), French conservative politician
- Jeanne Antoinette Poisson, Marquise de Pompadour (1721–1764), better known as Madame de Pompadour, a member of the French court and the official chief mistress of Louis XV from 1745 to her death
- Siméon Denis Poisson (1781–1840), a French mathematician, geometer, and physicist
- Adolphe-Poisson Bay, a body of water located to the southwest of Gouin Reservoir, in La Tuque, Mauricie, Quebec
Science and technology
- Poisson distribution, a discrete probability distribution named after Siméon Denis Poisson
- Poisson's equation, a partial differential equation named after Siméon Denis Poisson
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Poisson.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.