From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Famous Narsimha Temple of Pokharni
|• Sarpanch||Madanrao S. Wagh|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
- As per 2011 census, Pokharni has total 830 families residing. Village has population of 4,881 of which 2,250 were males while 2,231 were females.
- Average Sex Ratio of village is 992 which is higher than Maharashtra state average of 929.
- Literacy rate of village was 71% compared to 82.95% of Maharashtra. Male literacy rate was 84% while female literacy rate was 58%.
- Schedule Caste (SC) constitutes 15% of total population.
Pokharni Narasimha Railway Station
|Zone||SCR (South Central)|
|Division||Hazur Sahib Nanded|
Geography and Transport
Pokharni is known for grand old temple of Narasimha, a Hindu deity. Uniqueness about temple is, entrance of the main room where big deity of Narsimha resides is very small and one have to squat to enter in main deity room.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pokharni.|
- "Pokharni Village Population - Parbhani - Parbhani, Maharashtra". Census2011.co.in. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- "PKNS/Pokharni Narasimha (2 PFs) Map/Atlas". India Rail Info. 2011-02-20. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- "Pokharni Village , Parbhani Taluka , Parbhani District". Onefivenine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- "Lord Narsimha Temple, Pokharni". tourmet. 2014-05-24. Retrieved 2015-09-11.