|Directed by||Yevgeni Yevtushenko|
|Written by||Yevgeni Yevtushenko|
|Music by||Charlie Chaplin
|Edited by||Eleonora Praksina|
- Vanessa Redgrave as English journalist
- Aleksey Batalov
- Georgi Yumatov
- Yevgeni Yevtushenko as Sculptor
- Denis Konstantinov as Zhenya
- Yevgeni Platokhin as Lisiy
- Savva Kulish
- Albert Toddle
- Maya Bulgakova
- Mikhail Zhigalov
- Valentin Nikulin
Yevtushenko's was more critical of Joseph Stalin's crimes by the time of production and he also sought to emphasise his generation's rejection of Stalinism; "If one is to speak about Stalinism, then we are still digging down to the roots of the poisonous tree of totalitarianism, of which Stalin was the gardener. But this film is not about the roots and not about the gardener but rather about the green shoots sprouting in the evil shade of that tree and yet straining toward the light - about our generation."
- M. Lyman, Stanford (2001). Roads to dystopia: sociological essays on the postmodern condition. University of Arkansas Press.
- L. Ryan, Karen (2009). Stalin in Russian satire, 1917-1991. University of Wisconsin Press.
|This article related to Soviet film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1990s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|