From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the American Cargo airline see: Polar Air Cargo
|Parent company||Government owned|
|Key people||Andrei Vasiliyevich Koryakin (General Director)|
Polar Airlines operates scheduled flights to the following destinations (as of January 2013):
- Aldan - Aldan Airport
- Bratsk - Bratsk Airport
- Chersky - Chersky Airport
- Chokurdakh - Chokurdakh Airport
- Irkutsk - International Airport Irkutsk
- Lensk - Lensk Airport
- Neryungri - Chulman Airport
- Tiksi - Tiksi Airport
- Yakutsk - Yakutsk Airport
Accidents & Incidents
- May 16, 2003
- Antonov An-3T RA-05881 force-landed 28 mi from Sangara due to engine failure caused by bad weather; all 13 on board survived, but the aircraft was written off.
- November 18, 2005
- Antonov An-2TP RA-02252 crashed on a mountain 19 mi from Sangar in bad weather; all 12 on board survived, but the aircraft was written off.
- November 21, 2012
- Flight RKA-227 (performed by Antonov An-26 RA-26061) from Yakutsk to Deputatsky overshot the runway on landing by 70 metres. The airline reported an icy runway as the cause. The plane received substantial damage but no injuries were reported.
- July 2, 2013
- Flight 9949, a Mil Mi-8 (registration RA-22657) crashed into a hill top 66 km from Deputatsky in the Sakha Republic. 19 of the 25 passengers and 3 crew were killed, of these deaths several children were involved. 11 of the 25 passengers were children. A post crash fire consumed the aircraft.  This was the first fatal accident for the airline.
- August 16, 2013
- Flight 9977, an Antonov An-2TP (registration RA-01419), made a forced landing near Vilyuisk following an unexplained engine problem; all 11 on board survived, but the aircraft was destroyed by a post-crash fire.
- October 11, 2016
- Flight 203, an Antonov An-26 RA-26660 landed short of the runway at Belaya Gora Airport. The aircraft was severely damaged. All 33 people on board survived.
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise "State Air Traffic Management Corporation", Airline Reference, Vol. 1, Russian Federation, 27 April 2007, p. 351
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 64.
- Accident description for RA-05881 at the Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- Accident description for RA-02252 at the Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- "Катастрофа Ми-8Т а/к Полярные авиалинии в Усть-Янском районе Якутии" [Accident Mi-8 Yakutia] (in Russian). airdisaster.ru. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Accident description for RA-041419 at the Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved on 2015-3-27.
- Polar Airlines fleet
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Polar Airlines.|
- (Russian) Polar Airlines official website