Polar Bear (cocktail)
|Polar Bear cocktail|
|Type||Mixed drink shooter/drink shot|
|Primary alcohol by volume|
|Served||blended, on the rocks or neat|
|Classic Polar Bear recipe at DrinksMixer.com|
|* Polar Bear recipe at CocktailDB|
A Polar Bear, After Eight or Peppermint Paddy (a play on Peppermint Pattie) is a mint chocolate cocktail that tastes like a York Peppermint Pattie or an After Eight wafer. It is usually made from crème de cacao and peppermint schnapps, although crème de menthe is a popular substitute.
Polar Bear is usually served cold in a shot glass. The typical ingredients are:
One popular recipe involves shaking all ingredients with crushed ice and serving in a shot glass with a mint leaf as garnish. The drink can also be served in a shot glass without ice, or "on the rocks" in a rocks glass.
- Polar Bear #2, made with 3 oz. vodka, 1 oz. Blue Curaçao and 7-up soda.
- Polar Bear #3, an alternate version made with 3 oz. vodka, 1 oz. lime juice and 7-Up
- Polar Bear #4, Polar Bear using creme de cacao and creme de menthe. This can either be layered or made in a cocktail shaker
- Polar Bear Cooler, using 2 oz. dark rum, 1 oz. red vermouth, 1 oz. lime juice, 1/2 orange juice, and 3 1⁄2 oz. 7-Up. Pour into a Collins glass filled with broken ice and add a spiral of lemon. Garnish with an orange wedge and cherry. Serve with straws.
- Polar Bear in a Blizzard, made with 1 oz. white chocolate cream liqueur, 1 oz. peppermint schnapps liqueur, and 1 oz. vodka
- Polar Bear Drink, made with 1 shot vodka, 1 shot Blue Curacao and Sprite to fill.
- Czechoslovak Polar Bear / Lední medvěd, a shot of vodka in a glass of Champagne,
gradations:, *V2 (German pronunciation: "Fau tsvay") - two shots of vodka in champagne
- Soyuz 3 - 3 shots of vodka in champagne.