|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Managing Partners David Barrett, Brian Chee, Amir Nashat and Bryce Youngren|
Number of employees
Polaris Partners is a venture capital firm investing in technology and healthcare companies across all stages.
Polaris has offices in Boston, Massachusetts, San Francisco, California and Dublin, Ireland. The firm has over $4 billion under management and current investments in more than 100 companies.
|History of private equity
and venture capital
|(Origins of modern private equity)|
|(Leveraged buyout boom)|
|(Leveraged buyout and the venture capital bubble)|
|(Dot-com bubble to the credit crunch)|
Polaris was the first of four successors to Burr, Egan, Deleage & Co. (BEDCO), one of the earliest bi-coastal venture capital firms in the US, which dissolved in 1996. Polaris is among a small number of top tier venture organizations. The firm has roughly $4.0 billion under management, and is now making investments through its seventh fund.
- A Generation Gap in Venture Capital
- Gupta, Udayan. Done Deals: Venture Capitalists Tell Their Stories, 2000
- Venture-Capital Firms Prepare for Next Generation of Partners
- "The Thrill of Defeat". The Boston Globe, February 2001
- Cocktails & Conversation with Bill Egan, Alta Communications. Wharton School of Business, 2006.