|Elevation||66 m (217 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Polasara is located at  It has an average elevation of 66 metres (216 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Polasara had a population of 19,566. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Polasara has an average literacy rate of 53%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 63%, and female literacy is 43%. In Polasara, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Basic facilities are becoming available these days. Roads are getting wider.
01. Sri Aurobindo Pathachakra. Polasara. Co-ordinator-Mr Santosh Behera. Ranipada. 02. Polasara have a big festival maa dakhinakali. It starts in April 1–2 and finishes 13–14. 03. The Gouri Amma Thakurani Yatra is obsered once in four years at the time of odia kartika month
Polasara is a NAC and has many good schools and colleges and students from nearby village Lunighati to Madhusudanpur and Ranipada are mainly dependent on these educational institutes.
- Gopabandhu High School
- Madhusudanpur High school
- Purushottam High School, Kalamba
- Girls ME School
- ME school, Ranipada
- Polasara Science College
- Regional Women's College
- BudheisuniGothali High School,Budheisuni
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Polasara
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.