|Elevation||66 m (217 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Polasara is located at  It has an average elevation of 66 metres (216 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Polasara had a population of 19,566. Males and females each constitute 50% of the population. Polasara has an average literacy rate of 53%, lower than the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 63%, and female literacy is 43%. In Polasara, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Polasara has the following schools:
- Gopabandhu High School
- Kanak Durga Bidya Peetha, Madhusudanpur
- Purushottam High School, Kalamba
- Girls ME School
- ME School, Ranipada
- Polasara Science College
- Regional Women's College (RWC)
- Budheisuni Gothali High School, Budheisuni
- Nehuru Upper Primary School, Lunighati
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Polasara
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.