Pole to Pole (book)
The book follows each of his seven trips made for the BBC, consisting of both his text and of many photographs to illustrate the trip. Most of the pictures in this book were taken by Basil Pao, the stills photographer who was part of the expedition team.
The book chronicles the journey in five chapters:
- The North Pole to Tallinn - The Arctic, Greenland, Norway, Finland, USSR
- Tallinn to Port Said - USSR, Turkey, Rhodes, Cyprus, Egypt
- Port Said to Nairobi - Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya
- Nairobi to Cape Town - Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
- Cape Town to the South Pole - South Africa, Chile, Antarctica
This book was made available as an audio book, read by Michael Palin. The audio book is available in abridged and unabridged versions.