|Subsidiary of Volvo Cars|
|Products||High performance engines and cars,
Automotive sports accessories
Polestar is the official Volvo Cars performance company and brand, based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Polestar develops high-performance cars based on Volvo's and offers technical and cosmetic upgrades to enhance Volvo models. Until 2015, Polestar Performance was a division of Polestar along with the Polestar racing team. and prototypes. Volvo announced in July 2015 that it had purchased Polestar Performance. The racing team will remain under the direction of Christian Dahl, changing name from Polestar Racing to Cyan Racing. A close cooperation with Polestar is maintained with Cyan Racing becoming official motorsport partner to Polestar, the Volvo Cars performance brand. In June of 2017 Volvo announced polestar would be its own brand producing high-end electric cars to compete with brands like Tesla Motors. 
- 1996: Flash Engineering was founded in Sweden to race the Volvo Touring Cars in the Swedish Touring Car Championship (STCC). The first car was the Volvo 850 Super Touring, build by Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR)
- 1998: Volvo S40 Super Touring, build by Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR), was used to race the team
- 2003: Volvo S60 S2000, originally build by Prodrive and further developped by Flash Engineering, was used to race the team
- 2004: Flash Engineering was purchased by Christian Dahl
- 2005: Flash Engineering was rebranded to Polestar
- 2009: Volvo C30 S2000 is het first complete raceproject by Polestar. In this year Polestar became official Volvo partner to modify existing Volvo model, under the brand Polestar Performance. The racing division is called Polestar Racing
- 2010: Polestar introduces the Volvo C30 Polestar Concept, their first road car
- 2012: Polestar introduces the Volvo S60 Polestar Concept, their second road car
- 2013: Volvo S60 Polestar and Volvo V60 Polestar are the first production road cars
- 2015: Polestar Performance and Polestar brand are purchased by Volvo, Polestar Racing remains owned by Christian Dahl and is rebranded to Cyan Racing
- 2017: Volvo announces that Polestar will develop high-performance electrical cars under the Polestar brand. The logo of the company changes slightly: the cross with a little round in the middle is replace by 2 arrows
Polestar produces under the label Engineered performance road cars based on Volvo models. The chassis and suspension is enhanced, the drive-train and engine, steering, wheels and brakes. The interior and exterior get a sportier make-over. Polestar also develops new engines and transmissions. In the futur, Polestar will also offer own models under the Polestar brand.
The Volvo S60 Polestar Concept is the heir to the C30 Polestar, featuring 508 BHP from a modified T6 engine, launched in June 2012. The car sprints from 0–100 km/h in 3.9 seconds with a top speed of over 300 km/h. American car magazine Motor Trend tested the car at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca where it broke the lap record for four-door cars, matching the lap time of an Audi R8.
|2009||Volvo C30 Polestar Concept ||concept||5-cylinder, 2500 cc, N/A, 451 hp||AWD, 6-speed manual|
|2012||Volvo S60 Polestar Concept ||concept||6-cylinder, 3000 cc, turbocharged, 508 hp||AWD, 6-speed manual|
|2013||Volvo S/V60 Polestar||production||6-cylinder, 3000 cc, turbocharged, 350 hp||AWD, 6-speed auto|
|2016||Volvo S/V60 Polestar Drive-E||production||4-cylinder, 2000 cc, turbocharged, 367 hp||AWD, 8-speed auto|
Polestar offers different parts under the label Parts, to style and enhance Volvo cars. Exterior and interior can be styled and upgraded which can also give the vehicle better performance. These parts are spoilers, diffusors, lowering sets, exhaust, wheels, interior trims, ..
Under the label Optimised, Polestar offers enhancements for Volvo cars which deliver better performance. Examples are engine optimisations with retained warranty and unchanged fuel consumption and emissions. The engine optimisation increases the power and torque output, varying depending on engine model. The response of the throttle can be modifief and the character of the transmission is tweaked.
Polestar has been working with Volvo since 1996, starting with racing Volvo cars and being involved in the development of race cars. Nowadays Polestar and Cyan Racing are teaming as Polestar Cyan Racing to race Volvo's and develop high-performance parts.
In 2014, Polestar has been involved in the development of a V8 powered Volvo S60 that is raced by Garry Rogers Motorsport in the Australian V8 Supercars series. Robert Dahlgren was seconded to Australia in 2014 as part of this programme and pulled out in the end of 2016.
|1996-1997||Volvo 850 Super Touring||TWR||Super Touring||5-cylinder, 2000cc, N/A, 295 hp||FWD, 6-speed sequential||975 kg|
|1998-2002||Volvo S40 Super Touring||TWR||Super Touring||5-cylinder, 2000cc, N/A, 317 hp||FWD, 6-speed sequential||975 kg|
|2003-2007||Volvo S60 S2000||Prodrive/Polestar||S2000||5-cylinder, 2000cc, N/A, 280 hp||FWD, 6-speed sequential||1165 kg|
|2008-2011||Volvo C30 S2000||Polestar||S2000||5-cylinder, 2000cc, N/A, 290 hp||FWD, 6-speed sequential||1159 kg|
|2011-2013||Volvo C30 S2000 1.6T||Polestar||S2000 1.6T||4-cylinder, 1600cc, turbocharged, 340 hp||FWD, 6-speed sequential||1164 kg|
|2012-2016||Volvo S60 STCC||Solution-F/Polestar||TTA||6-cylinder, 3500cc, N/A, 420 hp||RWD, 6-speed sequential||1150 kg|
|2014-2016||Volvo S60 V8SC||Garry Rogers Motorsport/Polestar||COTF||8-cylinder, 5000cc, N/A, 650 hp||RWD, 6-speed sequential||1400 kg|
|2016||Volvo S60 Polestar TC1||Cyan Racing||TC1||4-cylinder, 1600cc, turbocharged, 400 hp||FWD, 6-speed sequential||1100 kg|
- Zander, Christina (2015-07-14). "Volvo Buys 100% of Swedish Car-Tuning Company Polestar". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2015-07-17.
- "History | Cyan Racing". www.cyanracing.com. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- "Volvo launches V8 Supercar campaign in Brisbane". Speedcafe. 17 June 2013.
- "Robert Dahlgren confirmed for Volvo V8 seat". Speedcafe. 16 January 2014.