Police Gazette (painting)
|Artist||Willem de Kooning|
Police Gazette is a landscape painted on canvas using abstract elements, and colors such as yellow, green and red. It is a painting with simple geometric forms, creating a perfect contrast between the formal elements that compose the artwork. It was this painting that promoted Willem de Kooning amongst the most important abstract painters of the modern world.
History and price
Police Gazette was sold in 1965 for the first time for $37,000.
- "NY Times". Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Police Gazette". Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "de Kooning Experts". Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- Grimes, William (26 February 2010). "Ernst Beyeler, Top Dealer of Modern Art, Dies at 88". nytimes. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Newsweek". Retrieved 22 September 2014.