In the United States, a police precinct is a geographical area patrolled by a police force. The term "precinct" may also refer to the main police station for such a geographical area.
Police departments using the precinct system include the following:
- New York City Police Department (see Organization of the New York City Police Department#Police precincts)
- Boston Police Department
- Portland Police Bureau
- Seattle Police Department
- Buffalo Police Department
- Detroit Police Department
- Chicago Police Department
- Suffolk County Police Department
- Nassau County Police Department
- Hassell, Kimberly D. (2007). "Variation in police patrol practices: The precinct as a sub‐organizational level of analysis". Policing. 30 (2): 257–276. doi:10.1108/13639510710753252. Retrieved 2020-01-26.