Polish Economy Hall of Fame
In 2005 the Polish edition of German business magazine Manager Magazin established Galeria Chwały Polskiej Ekonomii (translated: Hall of Fame of the Polish economy), which is similar to a business and economic hall of fame, established by Manager Magazin in Germany in 1970. Since 2010 the business magazine Strategie endows the award. By becoming a member in Galeria Chwały once a year an outstanding Polish economist is awarded for lifetime achievements for the Polish economy.
Since 2012 the Association of Finance Directors in Poland FINEXA (Stowarzyszenie Dyrektorów Finansowych Finexa) is organizer of the award. The ceremony is held at the annual congress of the organization in Warsaw. The new organizer established an enlarged jury.
Organizer and jury
Galeria Chwały is organized by the association FINEXA. The jury is composed of leading representatives of the Polish economy:
- Adam Budnikowski, former rector of the Warsaw School of Economics
- Paweł Domosławski, president of FINEXA
- Mieczysław Groszek, member of the board at the Association of Polish Banks (Związek Banków Polskich)
- Alicja Kornasiewicz, former vice-minister at the Polish Ministry of State Treasury
- Adam Maciejewski, chairman of the board at the Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Krzysztof Obłój, economist and university teacher (University of Warsaw, Kozminski University)
- Henryk Orfinger, chairman of the supervisory board at the Polish Federation of Employers Lewiatan (Polska Konfederacja Pracodawców Prywatnych Lewiatan)
- Witold Orłowski, rector at the Business School of the Warsaw University of Technology
Sculptures and artist
The heads of the Galeria Chwały-members are in a scale 1:1.2 as bronze-sculptures produced. The production process is based on plasticine-form technic. The heads are presented to the public in a permanent exhibition.
Since 1993 Nowakowski's work has been presented at single and group exhibitions in Poland and Germany. He is author of ordered by cities (Oborniki, Wolsztyn, Grodzisk Wielkopolski, Nowy Tomyśl, sculpture of Fryderyk Chopin and others) and institutions (for example The International Book Fair in Warsaw) art pieces (sculptures, award symbols, memory plates, ..)
The sculptures, fixed on metal columns, are exhibited permanently in the main hall of the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
Members of Galeria Chwały so far are:
- Leszek Balcerowicz, a former Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of the Polish National Bank (award winner 2006)
- Marek Belka, former Polish prime minister and president of the National Bank of Poland (2013)
- Henryka Bochniarz, candidate for Polish presidency in 2005 and president of the Polish Employers Association Lewiatan (award winner 2008)
- Władysław Grabski (1874-1938), Polish politician (prime minister) and economist (award winner 2005, posthum)
- Eugeniusz Kwiatkowski (1888–1974), Polish politician and economist (award winner 2005, posthum)
- Wiesław Rozłucki (*1947), president of the Warsaw Stock Exchange 1991 - 2006 (award winner 2007)
References and remarks
- The rector of Warsaw School of Economics, Adam Budnikowski, congratulates the newly elected member on a gala-event November 13, 2007 in the Sofitel-Hotel in Warsaw. In the right background Manager Magazin's editor-in-chief, Dorota Goliszewska.
- Here at the gala celebration November 5, 2008 in Warsaw's Victoria Sofitel hotel. In the background former Polish treasury minister and since 1995 vice chairman of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (Poland), Jacek Socha
- Karieramanagera.pl Archived 2009-08-23 at the Wayback Machine (in Polish)
- Press release from June 14, 2013, website Finexa (in Polish)
- Artikel Marek Belka cały z brązu! Prezes NBP doczekał się imponującego pomnika at Super Express, March 7, 2014 (in Polish, retrieved March 8, 2014)
- Information with fotos at the NBP website (in Polish)
- Bochniarz.pl Archived 2011-09-10 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Galeria Chwały Polskiej Ekonomii.|
- Website (in Polish)