Type of site
|Created by||Laurence Durnan|
Political Scrapbook was a left wing political blog. The site was described as "influential" by The Independent and was viewed, along with outlets such as Left Foot Forward, as part of a cohort of British left-wing blogs which attracted significant interest from the media. The site was likened to Paul Staines' anti-establishment Guido Fawkes blog, although Staines stated "It's hard to create a leftwing version of me because of political correctness." In 2011 the site was ranked by Wikio as the 7th most influential political blog in the UK and was voted as Total Politics' 2nd best left-wing blog in 2011.
In April 2018, the website announced that "The Scrapbook team are currently taking a break from the site to work on a number of other exciting projects", which remained unspecified. They also stated "Apologies in advance for the lack of posts. Keep an eye on our Twitter for further updates in due course". Their Twitter site has not received an update since the same day.
- The Independent Voter's Handbook. The Independent. 1 May 2010.
- Iain, Dale (13 May 2011). "A second life for UK political blogging?". The Guardian.
- Iain, Dale (19 August 2010). "Lord Prezza and me against the Blairite tsars". New Statesman.
- Adrian, Sherwin (31 January 2011). "Paul Staines: 'I pummel them until they beg for mercy'". The Guardian.
- "Top Blogs - Politics - May 2011". Wikio. 2011-02-16. Archived from the original on 2011-04-03. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Top 75 left-wing blogs". London: Total Politics. 13 September 2011.
- "Online news: Breitbart, Political Scrapbook and vice.com". BBC. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Asa, Bennett (18 August 2010). "Blogger profile: Laurence Durnan of Political Scrapbook". Total Politics.