(Redirected from Political dissidents)
Political dissent is a dissatisfaction with or opposition to the policies of a governing body. Expressions of dissent may take forms from vocal disagreement to civil disobedience to the use of violence.
The Constitution of the United States regards non-violent demonstration and disagreement with the government as fundamental American values.
- Protests, demonstrations, peace march, protest march
- Boycotts, sit-ins, riots, organizing committees, grassroots organizing
- Strike, general strike, street action
- Bumper stickers, flyers, political posters
- Street theater, political puppets
- Burning an effigy
- Self-immolation (setting self on fire)
- Revolution, Revolt, Rebellion, Terrorism, Insurrection, popular uprising
- Propaganda, counter-propaganda, slogans, sloganeering, meme
- ^ "The difference between protest and dissent", Columbia Journalism Review By Merrill Perlman, March 18, 2019
- ^ "Political dissent". National Coalition Against Censorship.