Politicking with Larry King
|Politicking with Larry King|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||257 (as of December 2016)|
|Executive producer(s)||David Theall|
|Production company(s)||Ora TV|
|Distributor||Ora TV, Hulu, RT America|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||June 13, 2013|
|Preceded by||Larry King Now|
Politicking with Larry King is an American weekly political talk show hosted by Larry King which premiered on June 13, 2013. The guests of the show include various political figures and world leaders. The series is available on Ora TV, Hulu and RT America. The show is distributed worldwide by RT America and Ora TV; the latter also produces another show hosted by King, Larry King Now, which focuses on interviews with celebrity guests.
"I have always been passionate about government and issues that impact the public, and I’m thrilled at the opportunity to talk politics with some of the most influential people in Washington and around the country," said King about hosting the show.
The show has received criticism due to the fact that it airs on the RT America network, which has frequently been described as "pro-Russian", with allegations that it has been used as a "Kremlin's propaganda tool". King addressed such claims by saying: "I don't work for RT. It's a deal made between the companies. They just license our shows," and also adding that "to [his] knowledge" the network has never altered any interviews that he has done, "If they took something out, I would never do it. It would be bad if they tried to edit out things. I wouldn’t put up with it."
A number of guest hosts stand in for Larry King such as Matthew Cooke.
- "Politicking with Larry King: Episodes". Hulu. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- Spangler, Todd (July 28, 2013). "Larry King Politics Show Gets Global TV Distribution via Russian-Backed Network". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Bennett, Laura (August 14, 2013). "Larry King's Post-CNN Career Will Surprise You". The New Republic. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "RT America to broadcast Larry King's new political show". RT News (Press release). May 29, 2013. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Grove, Lloyd (March 7, 2014). "Larry King's Russian TV Dilemma: "It Would Be Bad if They Tried to Edit Out Things. I Wouldn't Put Up With It."". The Daily Beast. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- Feldman, Josh (March 7, 2014). "Larry King Addresses Criticism over His Association with RT". Mediaite. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- Paletta, Damian (September 9, 2016). "Donald Trump, on Russian TV Network, Criticizes U.S. Foreign Policy". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved September 9, 2016.