Polk Township, Huntington County, Indiana
Location in Huntington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||24.11 sq mi (62.4 km2)|
|• Land||22.76 sq mi (58.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.35 sq mi (3.5 km2) 5.60%|
|Elevation||804 ft (245 m)|
|• Density||19.7/sq mi (7.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453754|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.11 square miles (62.4 km2), of which 22.76 square miles (58.9 km2) (or 94.40%) is land and 1.35 square miles (3.5 km2) (or 5.60%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Mount Etna (northwest edge)
- Dallas Township (north)
- Huntington Township (northeast)
- Lancaster Township (east)
- Jefferson Township (southeast)
- Wayne Township (south)
- Liberty Township, Wabash County (southwest)
- Lagro Township, Wabash County (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Monument City Memorial.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Bash, Frank Sumner (1914). History of Huntington County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People, and Its Principal Interests. The Lewis Publishing Company. p. 108.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 728.