Polk Township, Marshall County, Indiana
Location in Marshall County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||42.24 sq mi (109.4 km2)|
|• Land||42.09 sq mi (109.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.16 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.38%|
|Elevation||738 ft (225 m)|
|• Density||67.1/sq mi (25.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46563, 46574|
|GNIS feature ID||0453755|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.24 square miles (109.4 km2), of which 42.09 square miles (109.0 km2) (or 99.64%) is land and 0.16 square miles (0.41 km2) (or 0.38%) is water.
The township contains Barber Cemetery and Tyner Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Stuntz and Hochstetler Pines Airport
- John Glenn School Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 17
- State Senate District 5
- "Polk Township, Marshall County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- McDonald, Daniel (1908). A Twentieth Century History of Marshall County, Indiana, Volume 1. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 87.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 1/07/13 through 1/11/13. National Park Service. 2013-01-18.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Polk Township
||Lincoln Township, St. Joseph County||Liberty Township, St. Joseph County|
|Oregon Township, Starke County||North Township|