Pollard Meadows, Edmonton
|• Mayor||Don Iveson|
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Mohinder Banga|
|• Total||1.05 km2 (0.41 sq mi)|
|Elevation||703 m (2,306 ft)|
|• Density||4,358.1/km2 (11,287/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||2.1%|
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Pollard Meadows had a population of 4,576 living in 1,709 dwellings, a 2.1% change from its 2009 population of 4,480. With a land area of 1.05 km2 (0.41 sq mi), it had a population density of 4,358.1 people/km2 in 2012.
Development of the neighbourhood, according to the 2001 federal census, began during the 1970s when one out of three (33.7%) of the residences in the neighbourhood were constructed. Just under half the residences (45.5%) were built during the following decade, the 1980s. Most of the remainder were constructed during the early 1990s. According to the neighbourhood description on the City of Edmonton map utility, residential development in Pollard Meadows is not yet complete.
According to the 2005 municipal census, the neighbourhood has a mixture of housing types. Just under half (45%) are single-family dwellings. rented apartments account for another one in four (26%) residences and Row houses just over one in five (22%) residences. The remaining 7% are duplexes. Three out of five residences (61%) are owner-occupied while the remainder are rented.
There are three schools in the neighbourhood. Pollard Meadows Elementary School and T.D. Baker Junior High School are operated by the Edmonton Public School System and Holy Family Junior High School is operated by the Edmonton Catholic School System.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by 50 Street, the north by 23 Avenue, and on the south and east by Mill Woods Road.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Mayor and City Council". City of Edmonton. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Includes triplexes and quadruplexes.