Pollokshields West railway station
|Scottish Gaelic: Pollokshields an Iar|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Cathcart District Railway|
|2 April 1894||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Pollokshields West from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Pollokshields West railway station is one of three railway stations in Pollokshields, a district of Glasgow, Scotland. The station is managed by Abellio ScotRail and lies on the Cathcart Circle Line. The Cathcart Circle Line has been electricfied since 1962 under British Railways.
Up to November 1979
Two trains per hour between Glasgow Central and Kirkhill and one train per hour in each direction on the Cathcart Circle (Inner and Outer).
From November 1979
Following the opening of the Argyle Line on 5 November 1979, two trains per hour between Glasgow Central and Kirkhill and two trains per hour in each direction on the Cathcart Circle (Inner and Outer).
One train per hour between Glasgow Central and Kirkhill/Newton and one train per hour in each direction on the Cathcart Circle (Inner and Outer). The Cathcart Circle trains do not run on Sundays, so only an hourly service operates.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Maxwell Park||Abellio ScotRail
Line and station open
Cathcart District Railway
Line open; station closed
- Butt (1995), page 187
- Table 223 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Kernahan, Jack (1980). The Cathcart Circle. Falkirk, Stirlingshire: Scottish Railway Preservation Society. ISBN 0-9043-9601-0. OCLC 85045869.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
|This Glasgow railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|