|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||Bill Moore|
|Produced by||Kate Treacy|
|Written by||Elise Allen|
Tabitha St. Germain
|Music by||Eric Jay|
|Distributed by||Universal Studios Home Entertainment|
PollyWorld is a direct-to-video animated film from Universal Studios, based on the Polly Pocket toy franchise. It premiered on November 12, 2006, on Nickelodeon in the United States, and was released on DVD the following Tuesday.
Polly Pocket and her five friends get to be part of their favorite TV show, 'Roll Like That', which puts teams of five through several challenges to win money for the charity of their choice.
As the challenges begin, however, Polly learns that her father is engaged to a woman named Lorali, who secretly wants to get Polly out of the way. Polly and her friends also have to try to get past the scheming Beth, who teams up with Lorali to get Polly to be sent to boarding school.
Faced with the prospect of losing everything she loves, her friends, family, and home, Polly decides to make this weekend the best ever.
- "Welcome To My World", performed by Michèle Vice-Maslin
- "Smile", performed by Simply Red
- "Perfect Kinda Day", performed by Sara Niemietz
- "Another Word For Change", performed by Cassidy Ladden
- "Every Day's a Holiday", performed by Robyn Newman
- "Rock N' Roll Girl", performed by Jordan McCoy
- "Rock This Town", performed by Cassidy Ladden
- "Rock U Now", performed by Cassidy Ladden
- Tegan Moss ... Polly Pocket (voice)
- Chiara Zanni ... Shani (voice)
- Nicole Bouma ... Crissy (voice)
- Natalie Walters ... Lea / Caroline Hall (voice)
- Brittney Wilson ... Lila (voice)
- Tabitha St. Germain ... Beth "Elizabeth" / Karl / Lark / Dani (voice)
- Jocelyne Loewen ... Evie "Evelyn" / Stacey (voice)
- Nicole Oliver ... Tori / Amanda (voice)
- Russell Roberts ... Samuel (voice)
- Kathleen Barr ... Lorelai / Producer / Elevator Voice / Lexi (voice)
- Michael Donovan ... John "Johnathan" Pocket / Director (voice)
- Alessandro Juliani ... Donovan (voice)
- Teryl Rothery ... Ms. Marklin / Lizzie (voice)
- Andrew Francis ... Rick "Richard" (voice)
- Matt Hill ... Todd / DJ (voice)
- Danny McKinnon ... Nathan "Nate" / Waiter (voice)
- Terry Klassen ... Tech Guy (voice)
The film deserves major kudos for incorporating a topic such as remarriage into the plot, but based on the questionable actions of Polly's stepmother, who isn't as nice as she pretends to be, parents in a new or impending marriage may want to view those parts first in order to evaluate whether this film might trigger some painful emotions in their own kids.— Lacey Worrell, Pollyworld, DVDtalk.com
- Lacey Worrell (2006-11-14). "Pollyworld". DVDTalk.com. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|