This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Mayor||Maryan Tonev|
|• Total||37,508 km2 (14,482 sq mi)|
|Elevation||134 m (440 ft)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Polski Senovets is located in the central part of the Danubian Plain. The village is 12 km (7.5 mi) away from Polski Trambesh, 37 km (23 mi) from Veliko Tarnovo, 4.4 km (2.7 mi) from the village of Stefan Stmabolovo, 4.4 km (2.7 mi) from the village of Petko Karavelovo and 3 km (1.9 mi) away from village of Ivancha.
Other nearby places include Bratanevets, west of the village, Beloopastritza to the north, and Oreshaka, the most fertile area, also to the north.
There is a dam near the village.From west to eats is passing river Gargalaka or also called river Polski Senovets.
The soils in the area are typical of the Danubian Plain, approximately 80% black soil and 20% forest soil.
Other nearby places include Bratanevets, west of the village, Beloopastritza to the north, and Oreshaka, the most fertile area, also to the north.Other localities in Polski Senovets: the Greek road, Mechi Dol, Dolni livadi, The old vineyards, Pod bardo, Gornik, Kopotti, Dola.
Flora and fauna
Trees in the area are mostly deciduous, with a smaller number of conifers. Lime, winter oak, hornbeam, and poplar are typical. Wildlife is that of the Danubian Plain, with rabbits, foxes, mice, hamsters and deer seen year-round.
Polski Senovets was established, after the unification of the surrounding neighborhoods Sarnitsa, Glogota, and Dunavliy Suvandzhikyoy in XIV century.In a document of 1618, the village mentions the following: From the document we also receive the following information: The number of Christian families was 74 and the number of Ottoman families was only two. The marital men were 74. Land tax ress - a pair - 44, land tax for levels or garden - gorges -270, hay -, firewood - 888. The first church school in Polski Senovets started its activity in 1847. The first teacher is unknown. From 1854, the teacher in the village was Sava Mihaylovsky of Turnovo. In 1877 in Polski Senovec or also called Senovetss Poleki, there were 248 houses.The first mayor after the Ottoman rule, chosen in 1887, was Tasho Delimapinov. He was a representative of the conservative party. The first communication center or Culture center "Nadezhda 1883"(Translated on English):Hope 1883.On May 1, 1895, a rally against the tithe law was held in Polski Senovec. In 1912, a police station was opened in Polski Senovec. 1911 remains in the history of Polski Senovec in that the first post office was established and the village has a telephone and telegraph connection. From 1902 to 1926 in the village had a branch of the Bulgarian Agricultural Bank. In 1919, the Consumer Cooperative "Saglasie" was established in Polski Senovets. Its founders are Marin Yankov and Stefan Stefanov. In 1945 the village were electrified. Labor Cooperative Farm "Valko Chervenkov" was established in 1949. In 1959 Polski Senovest became a center to a new village Municipality including the villages:Kutskina,Petko Karavelovo and Stefan Stambolovo.
Republic of Bulgaria
The current mayor as of 2016 is Yordan Myhaylov.
Over 90% of the people in Polski Senovets are Orthodox Christians. In 1847 The Orthodox Church Saint Theodore Stratilat was built.
Polski Senovets has several neighborhoods: Tabak was the first neighborhood; Gorna mahala is the biggest neighborhood and it was established around the 16th century with the largest Karaivanovi[clarification needed] in the village; Dolna was established after the deportation of the Ottoman Turks.
In 1900, a railway was built between Rousse and Stara Zagora; it is 3 km (1.9 mi) from Polski Senovets.
Sports Society Botev were established in the village in 1952.The volleyball team of Polski Senovets wins the Village Spartakiada in 1965.
- FC Spartak Polski Senovets was established in the 1950s. The club played football (soccer) in Veliko Tarnovo`s Regional league.
- Regional state archive – Veliko Tarnovo
- Polski Senovets – by Todor Lazarov(Полски Сеновец – Тодор Лазаров 1984 издателство "Отечествен фронт"(Bulgarian)) created with the help of Georgi Mihaylov, Bogdan Sultov Angel Subev, Kiril Popov.
- Доклади и научни съобщения от III национална научна конференция От регионалното към националното - нумизматика, сфрагистика, епиграфика и музейно дело на Исторически музей - Полски Тръмбеш, посветена на 65-годишнината на ст. н. с. д-р Христо Харитонов, 6-7. IX. 2009 г. Полски Тръмбеш
- Доклади и научни съобщения от IV национална научна конференция `От регионалното към националното - етнология, краезнание и музейно дело` на Историческия музей - Полски Тръмбеш посветена на 70-годишнината на доц. д-р Николай Колев и 80-годишнината на краеведа Рачо Илиев - Почетен гражданин на Полски Тръмбеш
- Page Folk "Nadezhda 1883"
- Map of Polski Trambesh
- Article on "Nadejda"
- "Climate: Polski Senovets - Climate graph, Temperature graph, Climate table - Climate-Data.org". en.climate-data.org. Retrieved 2015-04-11.