Type of site
|3D object library|
|Registration||Optional (Google Account)|
|Launched||November 1, 2017|
Poly is a website created by Google for users to browse, distribute, and download 3D objects. Its features a free library containing thousands of 3D objects for use in virtual reality and augmented reality applications. It is intended to allow creators to easily share and access 3D objects.
Users can search the Poly model library by specific keywords and upload and downloaded models in the OBJ file format. Most models can be "remixed" using Tilt Brush and Google Blocks application integration; the remixed object is automatically published on Poly with credit and links to the original creator. Objects can be viewed using Cardboard or Daydream View. Users can also create simple animated GIFs of the objects for download.
On November 30, 2017, Google released the Poly API. It allows developers to easily integrate 3D objects into their projects, and provides users access to the object library while the app itself is running. The API can be used for web, Android, and iOS apps, while the Poly Toolkit is required for Unity and Unreal developers.
- Zvinakis, Andrea (November 1, 2017). "Poly: Browse, discover and download 3D objects and scenes". Google. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Robertson, Adi (November 1, 2017). "Google's new platform helps you build VR and AR apps". The Verge. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Moscaritolo, Angela (November 1, 2017). "Create in AR, VR With Google Poly Object Library". PCMag. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Matney, Lucas (November 30, 2017). "Google expands its 3D objects pipeline for AR/VR with the Poly API". TechCrunch. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- "Poly | Google Developers". Google Developers. November 29, 2017. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- "Poly - Google Developer | Poly | Google Developers". Google Developers. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
|This Google-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|