Type of site
|Created by||Andrew ‘r13′ Risch , Ted ‘bearkub’ Shockey|
Polycount is widely known for its community forum, but also features a wiki for resources for 3D artists, and a front page news section covering contests, interviews and spotlighting resident artists. Polycount was a large part of the Mann Co. Store update for Valve Corporation's Team Fortress 2, and has since partnered with game studios such as Vigil Games, Riot Games, Valve Corporation, and Torn Banner Studios to host contests for creating video game art assets and concept art for well known games, including Darksiders II, League of Legends, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and Dota 2.
Polycount is also home to Greentooth, an easter egg that has been found in games such as Battlefield 3, Sunset Overdrive, The Sims 4, Hitman: Absolution, Overwatch, Satellite Reign, XCOM 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Mejia, Ozzie. "Community Spotlight: Polycount". Shacknews. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Walker, Robin. "Aye that's tha way ya do it". Valve Corporation. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Senior, Tom. "Team Fortress 2 modders make a fortune". pcgamer. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "PolyCount.com’s Darksiders II Weapon Contest". THQ Inc. Developed by Vigil Games. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "Riot Games 2014 Art Contest". Polycount. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "League Of Legends Characters & Art So Good They Should Be In The Game". Kotaku. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Arms and Armor contest for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare". Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Dota 2 Polycount Contest". Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Polycount About".
- "This guy has been sneaking his way into video games".
- "Greentooth sightings...". Retrieved 11 February 2015.
|This computer or video game website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|