From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up polymorph or polymorphism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Polymorphism (computer science), the ability in computer programming to present the same programming interface for differing underlying forms (data types, classes)
- Polymorphic code, self-modifying program code designed to defeat anti-virus programs or to defeat reverse engineers
- Polymorphism (materials science), the ability of a solid material to exist in multiple forms or crystal structures known as polymorphs
- Polymorphism (biology), the occurrence of more than one form in the same population of a species.
- Genetic polymorphism, is the branching of the genetic tree, caused by two or more alleles (gene forms) occurring at one DNA position or in one DNA region, each with appreciable frequency in the population. Examples are:
- Polymorph, short for polymorphonuclear leukocyte or granulocyte, a type of white blood cell
- Polymorph, a trade name for the low melting-temperature polymer, Polycaprolactone
- Lipid polymorphism, the property of amphiphiles that gives rise to various aggregations of lipids
- Polymorphic QRS complex, a wave pattern seen on an electrocardiogram
- Polymorphous perversity, a concept in psychoanalytic theory
- In fiction, polymorph may refer to a shapeshifting being. Specific examples include:
- Polymorphs, shapeshifting aliens in Red Dwarf which featured in two episodes:
- Polymorph (novel), a 1997 novel by Scott Westerfeld
- Polymorph, a magical spell in many fantasy role-playing games that transforms a target into one of many different creatures for a period of time
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Polymorphism.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.