|Wikispecies has information related to Polyommatinae|
Polyommatinae, the blues, are a subfamily of gossamer-winged butterflies (Lycaenidae). It was long used to assign taxa of unclear relationships, and its contents are in need of revision. Several genera might not even belong here.
Genera incertae sedis
These genera are of unclear affinities. A question mark indicates doubt as to whether a genus belongs in the Polyommatinae.
The genera in this list are considered Polyommatinae by some authors, but at least some belong elsewhere:
- Lepidochrysops – Polyommatini? Lycaeninae?
- Paralycaeides – Polyommatini? Lycaeninae?
- Uranothauma – Lycaeninae?
- Eliot, J. N. and Kawazoe, A., 1983. Blue butterflies of the Lycaenopsis group: 1-309, 6 pls. London.
- Hirowatari, T., 1992. A generic classification of the tribe Polyommatini of the Oriental and Australian regions (Lepidoptera, Lycaenidae, Polyommatinae). Bulletin of the University of Osaka Prefecture(B), 44(Suppl.)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Polyommatinae.|
- Glassberg, Jeffrey Butterflies through Binoculars, The West (2001)
- Guppy, Crispin S. and Shepard, Jon H. Butterflies of British Columbia (2001)
- James, David G. and Nunnallee, David Life Histories of Cascadia Butterflies (2011)
- Pelham, Jonathan Catalogue of the Butterflies of the United States and Canada (2008)
- Pyle, Robert Michael The Butterflies of Cascadia (2002)
|This Polyommatinae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|