|Industry||Piping systems manufacture|
Broomhouse Lane, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1ES,
Number of locations
|UK, Mainland Europe and Middle East|
|Ron Marsh (Chairman)|
Martin Payne (CEO)
Paul James (CFO)
|Products||Water and air management systems|
|Revenue||£622.2 million (2022)|
|£98.2 million (2022)|
|£36.5 million (2022)|
Number of employees
Genuit Group, formerly Polypipe, is a manufacturer of plastic piping systems, for use in the residential, commercial, civils and infrastructure sectors. The piping systems are used for a variety of applications including drainage, plumbing, water supply, water management, cable management, heating and ventilation. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was established as Polypipe by Kevin McDonald (a former plumber) and Geoff Harrison in 1980. In October 1995 the company bought Sud Ouest Plastiques (of France) for £2.1m, in January 1997 it bought TDI for £3.1m and in November 1997 it bought Gabo Systemtechnik for £6m. Then in July 1998 the company bought Domus Ducting (renamed Polypipe Ventilation) for £4.7m and in January 1999 it bought Pagette Sanitar Produktions (of Germany) for £9m.
In March 1999 the company was bought by IMI for £337m; Kevin MacDonald made £56m from this deal and Geoffrey Harrison made £12.5m. IMI sold Polypipe to Castle Harlan (of the United States), a private equity company, for £293m in September 2005. In May 2007 it bought Terrain, a PVC piping business in Aylesford in Kent. Then in August 2007, a management buyout took control of the company from the private equity company, in a deal funded by Bank of Scotland Integrated Finance. In February 2010 the company bought Silavent, a ventilation manufacturer.
In April 2014, Polypipe was the subject of an initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange. Then in November 2014, Polypipe acquired the Ferrob Ventilation business. In February 2015, Polypipe acquired Surestop, a business producing an alternative product to the brass stopcock, and in August 2015 Polypipe acquired Nuaire, a ventilation systems manufacturer.
It was announced in May 2017 that Martin Payne will succeed David Hall as the CEO following his retirement.
The company changed its name from Polypipe to Genuit Group in March 2021.
The head office is in Edlington, Doncaster, UK. Its businesses are located as follows:
- Polypipe Building Products - based in Doncaster and Glasgow
- Polypipe Civils and Green Urbanisation - based in Loughborough and Horncastle
- Polypipe Building Services - based in Aylesford, Kent
- Polypipe Ventilation - based in Caerphilly
- Robimatic - based in Kirk Sandall
- Polypipe Italy – based in Monleone di Cicagna, Genova, Italy
- Alderburgh – based in Rochdale
- Polypipe Middle East - based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with offices also in Doha, Qatar
- Surestop - based in Birmingham
- Manthorpe Building Products - based in Ripley, Derbyshire
- ^ a b c "Preliminary Results 2022" (PDF). Genuit. Retrieved 14 March 2023.
- ^ "Genuit". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 16 February 2023.
- ^ a b c "Polypipe purchase sees HBOS continue its private equity-style spending spree". The Telegraph. 14 August 2007. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe has acquired Sud Ouest Plastiques, French maker of plastic conduits, for £2.1m". UK Business Park. October 1995. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe plc to buy Great Britain's TDI". Archived from the original on 5 February 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe buys pipe maker Gabo". Plastics News. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe has cash to carry on buying". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Pipe firm splashes out to buy toilet seat maker". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Castle Harlan buys plastic pipe systems supplier Polypipe Group in £293m deal - AltAssets Private Equity News". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe acquires Terrain Drainage". Building. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe buys Silavent". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ Guy Bentley (11 April 2014). "Polypipe latest to join UK IPOs". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe acquires Ferrob ventilation business". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Bracebridge CF Advises on Sale of Surestop to Polypipe Group". Bracebridge. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe acquires Nuaire for £145m". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- ^ "Polypipe picks new CEO". www.theconstructionindex.co.uk. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- ^ "Board of Directors - Polypipe Group plc". investors.polypipe.com. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- ^ "Polypipe hikes dividend citing second-half recovery; to change name to Genuit". Stockmarket Wire. 16 March 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- ^ "Group Home - Polypipe". Retrieved 26 January 2016.