|Traded as||LSE: PLZL;MCX: PLZL|
|Pavel Grachev (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$2.72 billion (2017)|
|US$1.02 billion (2017)|
|Owner||Said Kerimov (82.44%)|
PJSC Polyus (Russian: ПАО "Полюс" is a Russian gold mining company. It is the largest gold producer in Russia and one of the top 10 gold mining companies globally by output (2.16 million ounces of gold production in 2017). It is headquartered in Moscow and is listed on both the Moscow and London Stock Exchanges. Polyus’ main assets are located in Eastern Siberia and the Russian Far East - in the regions of Krasnoyarsk Krai, Irkutsk Oblast, Magadan Oblast and the Sakha Republic.
In May 2006, shares of Polyus Gold were admitted to listing and trading on the Russian stock exchanges RTS and MICEX (both of these later merged to form the Moscow Exchange). In December 2006, ADRs of Polyus Gold were listed and admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange.
In 2009, the businessman Suleyman Kerimov bought a 37% stake in Polyus Gold from Vladimir Potanin. In 2015, the family of Suleyman Kerimov acquired 59% of Polyus Gold International Ltd (the parent holding company of Polyus Gold) and became the controlling shareholder of Polyus Gold. On 3 December 2015, Polyus Gold International Limited announced the delisting of its shares from the London Stock Exchange.
In 2016, Polyus Gold changed its name to Polyus.
In June 2017, Polyus’s shares were re-admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange.
Polyus holds the world’s second largest gold reserves with 71 million ounces of proven and probable gold reserves, and the third largest mineral resource base globally with 193 ounces of gold.
|Asset||Region||2017 Production, thousand ounces||Proven and probable reserves, million ounces|
|Alluvial deposits in the Bodaybinsky District||Irkutsk Oblast||145.7||1.1|
Development and exploration
- Natalka: large open-pit deposit located in Magadan Oblast with 16 million ounes of reserves and 34 million of resources
- Sukhoi Log: one of the world’s largest gold greenfield projects. Estimated gold reserves are 930.3 mt of ore, grading 2.1 g/t gold for 62.8 moz of contained gold.
- Other deposits in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Amur Oblast and Irkutsk Oblast
- PJSC POLYUS TRADING UPDATE FOR 4Q and 2017
- "Russia's Polyus returns to London, UK investors take half of share offer". Reuters. 2017-06-30. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- Bream, Rebecca (2006-12-18). "Polyus looks to Western merger". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- "Sale of Polyus-Gold stake to billionaire Kerimov approved - News". russianpartner.biz. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Russia's Polyus Gold announces delisting of shares on LSE". Reuters UK. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- Devitt, Polina. "Russia's Polyus tests markets with London and Moscow share sales". Reuters UK. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- "Ore Reserves and Mineral Resources Update — Polyus". www.polyus.com. Retrieved 2017-08-09.
- PJSC Polyus Ore Reserves and Mineral Resources Update, 5 June 2017