Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Comune di Pomarico|
|Province||Province of Matera (MT)|
|• Mayor||Francesco Mancini|
|• Total||129.67 km2 (50.07 sq mi)|
|Elevation||459 m (1,506 ft)|
|• Density||34/km2 (89/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Michael Archangel|
|Saint day||8 May|
Pomarico (Greek: Pomerikon) is a small town of 4500 inhabitants in Southern Italy, in the region Basilicata. It is about 30 kilometres (19 mi) from Matera, the capital of the province to which Pomarico belongs.
- The Marquess Palace, built in the 18th century, and still standing in the centre of the town.
- The Main Church dedicated to St. Michael, also built in that period. It has a Baroque façade and contains a wooden statue of St. Michael (1400), as well as paintings of Pietro Antonio Ferro and Andrea Vaccaro.
- The church of St. Anthony of Padua (18th century). It lies by a former convent, now used as the city hall.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.