Claire Pommet grew up in the Lyon area. She learned music theory from the age of 6, joined a children's choir, La Cigale de Lyon, at age 7 and learned to play the cello at age 8. Her mother, teacher and believer, plays the flute; her father, a real estate agent, listened to Michel Polnareff, Serge Reggiani and Charles Aznavour; and the father of one of her friends introduced her to American folk and country music. She is self-taught and publishes videos on the YouTube web platform.
In September 2017, at the age of 21, she performed for the first time four times at La Boule noire in Paris. In October she released her first chanson française album, titled À peu près; it is described as a mixture between pop and folk according to Salome Rouzerol-Douglas by Le Figaro; it is "very encouraging", considers Gilles Renault de Libération; while Marie-Catherine Mardi of RFI considers that "the lyrics does not convince [in its entirety]" but praises her voice. The journalists of Libération and Le Figaro emphasize the quality of her live performances, during which she particularly plays the automatic harp and the guitar.
Pomme performed in the first part of the Asaf Avidan tour in autumn 2017. In February 2018, she performed at the Café de la Danse in Paris, after having performed as an opening act for Louane and Vianney, then took the stage in La Cigale in mid-2018 and in La Trianon in early 2019.
The lyrics she writes and composes and half of the repertoire she interprets, often evoke themes related to love, death and "everyday situations that resort to romanticism" (Le Figaro). Love, in her lyrics, is not only heterosexual, but also bisexual or homosexual; she dedicates a song to Quebec singer Safia Nolin, who used to be her partner. She explains to Télérama: "I am naturally comfortable with my homosexuality, for example, using female pronouns in my songs. And I think it's important, given the amount of thank you messages I get. As a teenager, I would have also liked to recognize myself in lesbian singers".
In 2020, she wins the Victoires de la Musique prize for best album of the year with her opus "les failles".
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions|
|À peu près||91||200||—|
|A Peu Près - Sessions Montréalaises||
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Okay" (Matthieu Mendès feat. Pomme)||2013||57||Echo|
|"J'suis pas dupe"||2015||66||En Cavale|
|"Même robe qu'hier"||2017||76||À peu près|
|"Mon frère" (Rough Version)||2018||—||Non-album single|
|"De là-haut" (Radio Remix)||—||À peu près|
|"J'attends" (feat. Ben Mazué)||—||Les femmes idéales|
|"Je sais pas danser"||—||Les failles|
|"J'suis pas dupe"||2015||En cavale||Sébastien Brodart|
|"Je t'emmènerais bien"||Non-album single|
|"En cavale"||En cavale|
|"Jane & John"|
|"De là-haut"||2017||À peu près||Marta Bevacqua|
|"A Lonely One"|
|"Je sais pas danser"||2019||Les failles||Vladimir Féral|
- Bonnaud, Maguelone (January 13, 2019). "Concert: on craque pour Pomme". Le Parisien (in French). Archived from the original on March 29, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- Renault, Gilles (October 9, 2017). "Pomme, le fruit détendu". Libération (in French). Archived from the original on July 30, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- Rouzerol-Douglas, Salomé (February 24, 2018). "La voix est libre pour la chanteuse Pomme". Le Figaro (in French). Archived from the original on May 2, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "Onirisme et grands frissons avec Pomme à la Boule Noire". RockNfool (in French). September 19, 2017. Archived from the original on March 30, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- Mardi, Marie-Catherine (December 12, 2017). "L'ascension soyeuse de Pomme". RFI Musique (in French). Archived from the original on March 29, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- Lehoux, Valérie (January 28, 2019). "Pomme: "Ado, j'aurais aimé pouvoir me reconnaître dans des chanteuses lesbiennes"". Télérama (in French). Archived from the original on September 21, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "Pomme discography". lescharts.com. Hung Medien. Archived from the original on March 30, 2018. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "Discographie Pomme". ultratop.be. Hung Medien. Archived from the original on November 21, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "Pomme - Les failles". hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Archived from the original on November 21, 2019. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "thepaperkitesband". YouTube. Retrieved November 23, 2019.