Pomona Catholic High School
|Pomona Catholic High School|
533 East Holt Avenue
|Motto||"When you educate a woman you educate a generation"|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Dean||Mrs. Kathleen Li|
|Color(s)||Forest Green and White|
|Athletics||Volleyball, softball, track and field, soccer, basketball, cheer, golf, cross country, water polo, swim, lacrosse, wrestling and tennis|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
|School roll||Mrs. Brown|
Pomona Catholic High School is a private, Roman Catholic, all-girls middle and high school in Pomona, California built in 1949. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles. It is a part of the tri-school community existing between St. Lucy's Priory High School and Damien High School.
Holy Name Academy, a boarding high school for girls, located on Holt Avenue in Pomona, California, closed its doors in June 1948. In September of that year, it was reopened by Monsignor English, pastor of St. Joseph's Church, as a high school for both boys and girls of the parish and surrounding parishes. Newly staffed by the Felician Sisters, it was re-named St. Joseph High School then after a few years changed the name to Pomona Catholic High School. It was able to provide Catholic education for many years. In response to serious over crowding, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles took advantage of the sale of the old Bonita High School facility in 1959 and split Pomona Catholic into two schools. Pomona Catholic Boys High School (now Damien High School) opened in nearby La Verne in 1959 to freshman boys only. The last boys graduated from the original Pomona Catholic High School in 1962. Currently, Pomona Catholic School consists of a co-ed middle school and all girls high school.
- Ron Kadziel, former NFL player
- Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, U.S. Representative from Florida
- Karen Seto, Yale University Professor
- Pomona Catholic High School profile, privateschoolreview.com; accessed October 25, 2014.
- WASC-ACS. "WASC-Accrediting Commission for Schools". Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- DHS. "History of Damien High School". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "Ron Kadziel". Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- "Meet Debbie | Debbie Mucarsel Powell". Debbie Mucarsel Powell. Retrieved November 7, 2018.
- "Karen C. Seto | Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies". environment.yale.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-25.