Pomona Township, Jackson County, Illinois
Location in Jackson County
Jackson County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||52.75 sq mi (136.6 km2)|
|• Land||50.01 sq mi (129.5 km2)|
|• Water||2.74 sq mi (7.1 km2) 5.19%|
|Elevation||505 ft (154 m)|
|• Density||16/sq mi (6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62901, 62905, 62958, 62966, 62975|
|GNIS feature ID||0429587|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 52.75 square miles (136.6 km2), of which 50.01 square miles (129.5 km2) (or 94.81%) is land and 2.74 square miles (7.1 km2) (or 5.19%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Eltham at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
- Murphysboro Township (north)
- Carbondale Township (northeast)
- Makanda Township (east)
- Grand Tower Township (west)
- Sand Ridge Township (northwest)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Dutch Ridge, Etherton, Hagler, Mount Pleasant and Stearns.
- Cobden School Unit District 17
- Murphysboro Community Unit School District 186
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 115
- State Senate District 58
- "Pomona Township, Jackson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.