Pompano Beach station
|SFRTA - Tri-Rail|
Train waiting at the station
|Location||3491 Northwest Eighth Avenue
Pompano Beach, Florida
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||Broward County Transit (BCT)|
|Opened||January 9, 1989|
Pompano Beach is a Tri-Rail commuter rail station in Pompano Beach, Florida. With 109,000 passengers in the first six months of 2011, it is the 10th busiest Tri-Rail station. In 2015, the station had about 800 weekday riders.
The Pompano Beach station is located at Northwest Eighth Avenue and 35th Street, just southeast of the intersection of West Sample Road (SR 834) and Military Trail (SR 809). The station, officially opened to service January 9, 1989, offers parking. Pompano Beach is the last station not to be renovated to include better platform roofs, elevators and a pedestrian bridge over the tracks like most stations underwent during double tracking of the line, but is now being rebuilt from 2015 to 2016.
In 2011, Tri-Rail received a $5.7 million grant to renovate Pompano Beach as an environmentally sustainable station, collecting more than 100% of its energy demand through solar power, with the excess to be put on the grid. Construction was to have started in spring 2012 and finished by May 2013 but the project fell through. In December 2014 Tri-Rail's governing board awarded a $40 million contract to Gulf Building to build a new headquarters, parking garage and station on the site of the Pompano Beach stop and on April 17, 2015 the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that groundbreaking was to take place later in the month. The upgrades are scheduled for completion in summer 2016  The renovation and construction of the 450-space garage caused a parking crunch at the station where only 39 spots remained.
|Route #||Route Name||Route Map||Note|
|34||Sample Road at Federal Highway (US 1) ↔ Sample Road at NW 124 Ave via Sample Road||Map|
- Michael Turnbell (November 27, 2011). "New Pompano Beach Tri-Rail station will be solar-powered". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- Michael Turnbell (May 29, 2015). "Parking scarce as Pompano Tri-Rail station gets upgrade". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- Michael Turnbell (April 17, 2015). "Tri-Rail's Pompano Station going green". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- Media related to Pompano Beach station at Wikimedia Commons
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority - Pompano Beach station
- Station from 33rd Street from Google Maps Street View