|Privately held company|
|Founder||Ben Pon (junior)|
|Janus Smalbraak (Executive)|
Number of employees
Pon Holdings BV is a Dutch conglomerate in the transportation sector. It was founded in 1980 by Ben Pon (junior), a former racing car driver and son of Ben Pon, who became importer of Volkswagen in the Netherlands in 1947.
Pon Holdings operates in automotive and transportation sectors through many subsidiaries, involving in activities such as:
- Distribution of consumer automotive brands in the Netherlands: Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Škoda, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti and Porsche.
- Distribution of commercial vehicles in the Netherlands: MAN, Caterpillar and Motrac[clarification needed]
- Importer of Continental products.
- Operator of several garages.
- Owner of Reifen Gundlach, Summa Tyre and Euro-Tyre.
- Car leasing, such as Dutchlease.
- Owner of Gazelle
- Owner of Derby Cycle in Cloppenburg.
- Owner of Cervélo.
- Owner of Union
- Owner of Santa Cruz Bicycles
- 1986: Takeover importership of Seat
- 1988: Takeover of Transmark Groep, Motrac (Linde)
- 1992: Takeover importership of Škoda
- 1995: Founding of BelCompany in cooperation with Macintosh Retail Group
- 1998: Founding of Pon North America
- 2003: Takeover of Geveke N.V., Founding of Pon Equipment & Power Systems
- 2005: Founding of Pon Logistic Solutions, Shanghai, China
- 2011: Takeover of Gazelle
- 2011: Takeover importership of Cervélo.
- 2015: Takeover of Imtech Marine
Pre-dating Pon Holding
In 1895 Mijndert Pon, father of Ben Pon (senior) operated a vehicle repairshop. His sons Ben and Wijnand took ownership of the company.
- 1931: Founding of Pon's Automobielhandel (by then a chain of car dealerships) by Ben and his brother Wijnand Pon
- 1936: importership Continental AG and Federal
- 1947: importership Volkswagen
- 1948: importership Porsche