|Industry||stock footage, stock music and stock photography|
|Founder||Tom Bennett (founder)|
Marcus Engene (founder)
New York City, New York,
|Jason Teichman (CEO)|
Tom Crary (CFO)
Jeffrey Wilks (CRO)
Scott Koehler (Head of Artists and Content)
|Products||Public Domain Project|
|Services||Licensing of stock media|
Pond5 is a New York-based online marketplace for royalty-free media. The company licenses stock footage, stock music, stock photography sound effects, after effects, images and 3-D models. Pond5 is reported to have the world's largest collection of stock footage, hosting more than 10.5 million clips as of early 2018.
The company originally focused on selling video clips, but began to expand into other asset types following its 2013 acquisition of Pixmac, a stock photography site based in the Czech Republic. The acquisition added Pixmac’s 6,000+ photographers and support for 17 languages to the Pond5 marketplace 
Pond5 was founded in 2006 as a way for video producers to license content to third parties. It subsequently expanded into other media types, including photos, music, sound effects, 3D models, and Adobe After Effects templates. Pond5 does not own the content on its site, but instead aggregates and sells content created and owned by its contributors. These contributors determine the selling price, and earn 50% of revenue.
Products and Partnerships
The original business model focused on licensing individual video clip sales. However, in February 2016, the company unveiled a subscription product.
In late December 2016, the company roled out Extended licenses aimed at attracting large enterprise customers.
- List of stock footage libraries
- Stock photography/Microstock photography
- List of online image archives
- Marshal Rosenthal (19 July 2015). "Pond5 Breaks Industry Record With Library Exceeding 4 Million Video Clips". VideoMaker.
- Pond5 (19 April 2018). "Pond5 Press". Pond5.
- "Media marketplace Pond5 acquires European stock photo startup Pixmac". PandoDaily. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Media Marketplace Pond5 Acquires Stock Photo Startup Pixmac To Expand Its International Presence". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- Martin Bryant (5 March 2013). "Stock Media Marketplace Pond5 Acquires Rival Pixmac". The Next Web. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Media Licensing Marketplace Pond5 Launches Massive Redesign, With Advanced Search And Customized Artist Pages". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Pond5, a stock video company, raises $61 million from Accel, Stripes - Fortune". Fortune. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Shutterstock and Getty Images Competitor Pond5 Raises $61 Million". Blogs.wsj.com. Retrieved 9 December 2014./
- Ben Woods (21 January 2014). "Pond5 and Adobe partner for Adobe Premiere Pro royalty-free video, music and sound effects plugin". The Next Web. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- Jonathan Shieber (20 January 2015). "Pond5 Issues 80,000 Free Media Assets With The Launch Of Its Public Domain Project". Techcrunch. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Ido Lechner (26 February 2016). "Might an AI visual search engine revitalize the industry as a whole?". PFSK. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Pond5 Introduces Extended Licenses, Offering Some of the Highest Levels of Coverage, Protection, and Flexibility in the Industry". Press Release. 2 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.