Adireksarn received a BA from Lehigh University in 1964, and an MA from the American University in 1966. Upon returning to Thailand, he took a position at the Department of Economic Relations Ministry of Economic Affairs, followed by a position in the Thai Department of Central Intelligence.
Between 1973 and 1991, Adireksarn worked in the private sector with such positions as Managing Director of Royal Mosaic Exports Co., Ltd., President of Thailand Leatherwork Co., Ltd., and President of Express Transport Organization.
Pongpol's father, Pramarn Adireksarn, was one of the co-founders of the Thai Nation Party, as well as a brother-in-law of former Prime Minister Chatichai Choonhavan. Pongpol's brother Yongyol was also a politician.
- 1983 - 1986 Member of Parliament, Saraburi
- 1992 - 1992 Member of Parliament, Saraburi, and Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 1995 - 1996 Member of Parliament, Saraburi and Minister to the Office of the Prime Minister
- 1996 - 2000 Member of Parliament, Saraburi and Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives
- 2002 - 2003 Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Education
- Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
- Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of The Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
After losing the 1992 election and being out of politics temporarily, he started writing novels. He chose to use a pen name as he considered his Thai name to be to difficult for a foreign readership.
- The Pirates of Tarutao, 1994, ISBN 974-89020-2-1
- Mekong, 1995, ISBN 974-89244-8-3
- Until the Karma Ends, 1996, ISBN 974-89396-2-6
- The King Kong Effect, 1998, ISBN 974-89620-3-2
- Rattanakosin, 2005, ISBN 974-9754-05-0
- Chameleon Man, 2006, ISBN 978-974-94141-7-0