Ponjanda S. Appaiah
|Ponjanda S. Appaiah|
|Notable works||Kodava-English dictionary, Kodagu History (since 1600)|
Ponjanda S. Appaiah is an Indian scholar and educationist.
His works include a Kodava-English dictionary, a book on the history of Kodagu prior to 1600 AD and a book on the customs of the Kodavas.In addition to his academic works, he has written a traditional poem in honour of Field Marshal Cariappa. He specialises in matters pertaining to the Kodavas, the natives of Kodagu, their language, culture and history, and has written a number of books on related topics.He is also an expert on Kodava folklore.
- Deepika, K. C. (27 June 2012). "Nucleus of cultural conservation". The Hindu. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Sree Cauvery School Administration". Sree Cauvery School. mindworks. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Book by Prof P S Appaiah". Kodava English Dictionary. Facebook. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Emphasis on values". The Hindu. 14 October 2005. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Kodava meet". Star of Mysore. OurKarnataka.com. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Correspondent, Staff (4 March 2012). "Preserve Kodava culture". The Hindu, Mysore. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Soofi, Mayank Austen (25 November 2011). "Going the Parsi way". Live Mint. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
|This Indian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|