Pont Rug (Halt) railway station
|Pont Rug Halt|
|Original company||Carnarvon and Llanberis Railway|
|Pre-grouping||London and North Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||London Midland and Scottish Railway|
|1 June 1880||Opened|
|January 1917||Closed as a wartime economy measure|
|22 September 1930||Closed completely|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
The station opened in 1880. It closed from January 1917 to July 1919 as a wartime economy measure, then closed completely in 1930.
Summer excursions to Llanberis passed through until September 1962 and freight lingered on until the line closed in December 1964. The tracks were lifted in early 1965.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
Line and station closed
Line and Station closed
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Dunn, J.M. (October 1958). Cooke, B.W.C., ed. "The Afonwen Line-2". The Railway Magazine. London: Tothill Press Limited. 104 (690). ISSN 0033-8923.
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (2010). Bangor to Portmadoc: Including Three Llanberis Lines. Country Railway Routes. Midhurst: Middleton Press. ISBN 978-1-906008-72-7.
- Turner, Alun (2003). Gwynedd's Lost Railways. Catrine: Stenlake Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84033-259-9.
- The station on a navigable OS Map in National Library of Scotland
- The station and line in Rail Map Online
- The station and line CLS with mileages in Railway Codes
- Images of the station in Yahoo
- The station and line in Rail Chronology
- The station and line in Signalling Record Society
- 1957 railtour including the line in Manchester Railway Society
- 5 May 1957 railtour record in Six Bells Junction