|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||U. S. A.|
|Elevation||251 m (823 ft)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Pontiac is a census-designated place in southern Ozark County, Missouri. It lies six miles south of Isabella and 18.5 miles southwest of Gainesville. It is located on the northeast shore of Bull Shoals Lake.
The town is located on a ridge above the lake at an elevation of about 820 feet. The lake has a normal surface elevation of 654 feet. The town consists of a post office, a marina and campgrounds on the lake, a restaurant, and a church. Pontiac is accessed via Missouri Route W from Missouri Route 5 south of Gainesville.
- Isabella, MO, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 2004
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Pontiac Census Designated Place
- Moser, Paul, A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets Past and Present of Ozark County, Missouri
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- Ozark County Place Names, 1928-1945, The State Historical Society of Missouri
- Missouri Atlas & Gazetteer, DeLorme, 1998, First edition, p. 64, ISBN 0-89933-224-2
|This Ozark County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|