Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews is a pontifical commission in the Roman Curia tasked with maintaining positive theological ties with Jews and Judaism. Established on 22 October 1974, it works alongside the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
Its current Cardinal President is Kurt Koch, who is the Cardinal President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity. The Vice-President is the Secretary of the Pontifical Council, Bishop Brian Farrell, L.C.. The Secretary of the Commission is Father Norbert J. Hofmann, S.D.B..
The Commission has published a series of helpful documents on Christian–Jewish reconciliation : "Guidelines and Suggestions for Implementing the Conciliar Declaration Nostra aetate No. 4" (1974), "Notes on the Correct Way to Present Jews and Judaism in Preaching and Teaching in the Roman Catholic Church" (1985) and "We Remember: A Reflection on the Shoah" (1998). On 10 Dec. 2015 it published "The Gifts and the Calling of God Are Irrevocable” (Rom 11:29): A Reflection on Theological Questions Pertaining to Catholic–Jewish Relations on the Occasion of the 50th Anniversary of Nostra aetate (no. 4)."
There is a similar Commission for Religious Relations with Muslims, although it does not have a separate status like the commission for relations with the Jews.
- Catholic resistance to Nazi Germany
- Index of Vatican City-related articles
- International Catholic-Jewish Historical Commission
- Nazi persecution of the Catholic Church
- Pope Benedict XV and Judaism
- Pope Benedict XVI and Judaism
- Pope Francis and Judaism
- Pope John Paul II and Judaism
- Pope Pius XII and the Holocaust
- Relations between Catholicism and Judaism
- Rescue of Jews by Catholics during the Holocaust
- "Relations with the Jews (1975)". Vatican official website. The Holy See. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Commission of the Holy See for Religious Relations with the Jews (Vatican website)
- The Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews: A Crucial Endeavour of the Catholic Church
- The Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews and the International Catholic-Jewish Liaison Committee
- Jewish Virtual Library