Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Veritas et Scientia (Latin)|
Motto in English
|Truth and Science|
|Type||Private, Roman Catholic|
|Established||September 9, 1962|
|President||Alfredo de la Cruz Baldera|
|Location||Campuses are in Santiago de los Caballeros, Santo Domingo, and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic|
|Campus||Santiago Campus, Suburban, 1.2 km2;
Santo Tomás de Aquino Campus, Urban, 14000 m2;
Puerto Plata campus Urban
|Colors||Blue, Red and Yellow|
|Affiliations||Pontifical Universities, International Council of Universities of Saint Thomas Aquinas|
The Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (Mother and Teacher Pontifical Catholic University), named after Pope John XXIII's encyclical Mater et magistra, that is, Mother and Teacher, (PUCMM for its Spanish acronym) is the first private, Roman Catholic, coeducational, university in the Dominican Republic. The university grants undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and professional degrees through three campuses. Its main campus is in the city of Santiago de los Caballeros, and it has smaller campus in Santo Domingo and an extension in Puerto Plata.
The university was established on September 9, 1962 and it has become one of the country's top institutions of higher education. It was the first University to offer Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics Engineering careers. It also offers graduate level degrees and dual degrees with associated universities in the United States and France. Recently the university was recognized in Quacquarelli Symonds top Latin American universities 2012 by ranking in at 205 out of the top 250 universities in the region. The PUCMM School of Business also is the highest ranking school of business in the Dominican Republic followed by the School of Business of the UASD. This ranking was done by Eduniversal Rankings and their prestigious Palmes business school ranking. The PUCMM received the 2 Palmes ranking which represents a Good business school with regional influence. In 1991, the institution was delegated as the responsible for country domain registration, that is, .do domains.
- School of Social and Administrative Sciences: Business Administration, Hotel Management, Law, Social Communication, Financial Management and Auditing, Marketing, Psychology, Economics, Ecology and Environmental Management.
- School of Engineering: Industrial Engineering, Systems and Computer Engineering, Telematics Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering.
- School of Sciences and Humanities: Architecture, Basic Education, Secondary Education, Philosophy.
- School of Health Sciences: Physical Therapy, Medicine, Stomatology, Nursing.
- "QS University Rankings: Latin America". Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "University and business school ranking in Dominican Rep.". Retrieved 3 March 2017.