Pontoosuc Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||19.87 sq mi (51.5 km2)|
|• Land||18.47 sq mi (47.8 km2)|
|• Water||1.4 sq mi (4 km2) 7.05%|
|Elevation||636 ft (194 m)|
|• Density||22.4/sq mi (8.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62330, 62358|
|GNIS feature ID||0429589|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 19.87 square miles (51.5 km2), of which 18.47 square miles (47.8 km2) (or 92.95%) is land and 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2) (or 7.05%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these four cemeteries: Little Family, Myers, Pontoosuc and Tull.
Airports and landing strips
- Rhea RLA Airport
- Nauvoo-Colusa Community Unit School District 325
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Pontoosuc Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Green Bay Township, Lee County, Iowa||Lomax Township, Henderson County|
|Appanoose Township||Dallas City Township|
|Sonora Township||Rock Creek Township|